People Operations Associate Job vacancy at Wikimedia Foundation Kenya June 2021
At the Wikimedia Foundation, we on the Talent & Culture team are committed to supporting our mission-driven and brilliant staff, and we deeply care about improving the lives of our employees. We’re looking for a compassionate and thoughtful human resources professional with an ability to coordinate multiple projects, with an attention to detail and confidentiality, to support the People Operations team and our people processes.
We’d like you to do these things:
Support the hiring and onboarding
- Prepare onboarding documents and coordinate with the onboarding team for logistics
- Manage data entry for new employees in the HRIS and various benefit carrier portals
- Work with the new hires to ensure a supportive and engaging start
Support the People Ops team with staff programs
- Process verifications of employment
- Perform systems and intranet maintenance
- Provide immigration administrative support
- Assist with administering our wellness program
- Give general staff support and triage
- Support operational transactions
- Maintain data reports
- Help with ad hoc projects as they arise
We’d like you to have these skills:
- 2 yrs experience in human resources or related
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with US employment laws
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Ability to quickly learn organizational culture and internal processes
- Experience with Namely HRIS
- Tech aptitude
- Comfort with Excel and Google suite
- Someone who is creative with a great sense of humor
The Wikimedia Foundation is…
- the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
- As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off – vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 22 paid holidays – including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments – long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Paid travel to Wikimedia Foundation events all around the world!
- Equipment including a laptop, monitor, plus a one-time stipend to cover any additional needs to make sure you have the best work experience
- Great colleagues – diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
- Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO to ensure alignment with local labor laws.
Method of Application