Pathcare Kenya Limited is seeking for a result oriented, dynamic and competent IT Assistant to join our IT Department.
Job Summary: The Information Technology (IT) Assistant is responsible for providing day-to-day technical support on all IT related issues including but not limited to networks, hardware and software maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, configuration and user training among others.
- Configuration, deployment, setting up and management of workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment.
- Provide software/hardware and system troubleshooting support.
- Manage the installation and upgrade process of computer hardware and software as per organizational guidelines and industry best practice.
- Ensure the availability of the local IP PBX and troubleshoot any challenges identified.
- Create mailboxes for new staff members.
- Offer support by troubleshooting mail access errors and assist in resetting passwords when necessary.
- Proactively monitor the network ensuring downtimes are identified and resolved with little to no impact to the business.
- Troubleshoot network issues and escalate to the relevant ISP.
- Offer support by troubleshooting, cable, wireless and other network infrastructure as needed.
- Communicate any technological failure to all staff e.g. internet outage, email problem.
- Servicing and maintenance of IT hardware equipment.
- Liaise with the relevant department to ensure identified hardware faults are fully resolved/repaired in a timely.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective replacement of network, software and peripheral equipment.
- Maintaining inventory of IT equipment/asset register.
- Provide basic user training and dissemination of technological information and updates to all staff.
- Plan frequent user training sessions.
- Ensure all devices have a valid software license and keep an inventory of the license keys.
- Enforce the adaptation of organizational IT policies and escalate as necessary when challenges arise.
- Strong comprehension of ICT systems and technologies.
- A Planning, decision making and organization skills
- Advanced knowledge on use of MS Office applications.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Unquestionable Integrity and strong ethical standards.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- University degree/Diploma in either Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Information technology.
- At least two years of working experience in IT.
- MCSE & Network Certifications will be an additional advantage – (Networking Essentials, N+), CompTIA A+ certification.
- Must possess a Certificate of good conduct from the relevant authority (CID).
How to Apply
Prospective applicants are required to send their detailed updated curriculum vitae with contact details and educational certificates to email@example.com by 11th June 2021.