PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- As a Panel beater your main role is to repair and replace motor vehicle bodywork which has been damaged in an accident.
- You will also be responsible for the safe keeping of all tools issued, general safety at the work place and determining the extent of interior fleet requirements, stripping, fitting and replacing body components on fleet of various makes/models.
- The emphasis on quality control and customer centered attitude will be the hallmarks of her/his day to day work.
- Will also be required to comply with the Workshop Standard Operating Procedures and Internal Control Procedures.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carrying out inspections on bodywork and frames of vehicles to assess extent of damage
- Disassembling damaged vehicle parts
- Repairing scratches, dents and other damage to bodywork and replacing any parts that cannot be repaired
- Straightening and aligning car frames and unibodies
- Reassembling vehicle body parts and accessories
- Replacing or repairing windows, car interiors and exterior trim
- Filling and sanding bodywork
- Carrying out painting in booth oven
- Performing final finishing and polishing
- Keeping and monitoring an inventory of machines and equipment in your department.
- Providing technical support to customer care staffs who deal with clients.
- Fitting parts as required.
- Assisting in compiling panel beating work reports
- Carrying out panel beating tasks and meeting the set targets.
- Removing damaged panels
- Stripping and refitting trim and panel interior
- Refitting new/repaired panels
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
- Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
- Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
- Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
- Preparing vehicles for re-spraying, carrying out sanding, grinding, and primering to whole vehicle or some parts e.g. panels, bumpers, grills & trims.
- Repairing minor and major dents
- Acquiring relevant trainings as the technology advances to remain relevant.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Coveted HR on www.linkedin.com to apply