Determining the chemical characteristics, physical properties and composition of a variety of assigned samples
Tasks and Outputs:
- Perform chemical analyses and physical testing requiring the application of established procedures and analytical instrumentation.
- Select techniques and methods to suit the unique requirements of samples and ensure the accuracy and validity of results.
- Prepare samples, solutions, reagents and standards; care and check performance of laboratory equipment and apparatus; and collect samples for analysis.
- Adhere to quality assurance and safety procedures to ensure the validity of test results and safety of the work environment.
- Perform calculations, prepare reports and maintain records of test results; and give testimony regarding samples analysed, test methods and results.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent qualifications.
Minimum years of experience
- One year’s experience in laboratory testing
Competencies required for this Role:
- Ability to plan and schedule own work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have computer operation and application skills.
- Good research skills.
- Good numeracy and data analytical skills.
- Attentive to detail/ good recording of data.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of organic, inorganic, analytical and physical chemistry.
- Ability to learn and observe health and safety precautions; perceive colour; read laboratory instruments; and handle delicate instruments, glassware and laboratory equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
Method of Application