Job Vacancy: Marketing Officer (Retail / FMCG)
Job Location: Ngong road, Nairobi
Our client, a retail and distribution company, is looking for a Marketing Officer to join their growing team.
Job Summary: Build brand and raise brand awareness for the company’s product offerings – cards, sweets, toys and party items. Track and analyze the performance of advertising campaigns, manage the marketing budget and ensure that all marketing material is in line with the respective brand identity.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
- Lead creative development to motivate the target audience to “take action”
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities
- Oversee new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
- Devise innovative growth strategies
- Leverage customer insight data to refine brand management.
- Ensure brand communication for areas of responsibility are consistent with the company and brand positioning.
- Help promote uniformity and consistency of company brands.
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about the company’s products and drive qualified traffic to the respective distribution channel (supermarkets and retail stores)
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
- Produce valuable and engaging content for the company’s online platforms that attracts and converts the target groups
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Coordinate marketing copy for brands
- Craft and send regular newsletters/texts with brands’ updates
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns (ROI), gain insight and assess against goals
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
- Monitor social media pages and address clients’ queries
- Gather customer feedback to inform sales and management team
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to management
- Extensive experience in a wide range of Marketing functions such as communications, digital marketing, advertising, branding, and social media.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
- Familiarity with B2C advertising campaigns
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers
- Outstanding communication skills
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, like WordPress
- Proficiency in MS Office/Google Workspace
- Familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
- Degree in Marketing or relevant field
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 14th June 2021
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.