Receptionist -Nairobi Office at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP), Customer Service Jobs in Kenya,
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility.
Front Office and Administration
The position’s key role is to provide effective and efficient reception and secretarial support at the front office and the Operations teams The position is also vital for effective liaisons between the Unit with the rest of the internal Programme functions, and externally with the Programme’s partners and stakeholders.
Direct Report to:
Head of Operations-Nairobi
Indirect Report to:
Senior HR Officer- Nairobi)
- Manning the reception area through welcoming and guiding visitors at reception to the right staff/ office
- To receive and circulate in coming parcels on behalf of programme: mail bag, newspaper, letters, payslips, goods etc
- To receive incoming telephone calls and direct appropriately and Maintain an active internal telephone directory (office extensions)
- To make Transport bookings with Programme Drivers/Vehicles and Out-sourced taxis
- To prepare -application letters for Duty & VAT exemptions, and maintain updated records of the same, following up with relevant authorities at KEMRI & Ministries for quick processing.
- To providing admin support to HR Nairobi office
- Coordinate interview room booking and refreshments with the General Assistants
- Prepare interview folders, and alert security of expected candidates
- Welcome and issue provided and approved induction folders to new staff
- Under the guidance of SHO Proper and print temporary staff badge for new staff and replacement when required
- To print and arrange the collated work permit application document for gratis processing and to assign drivers tracking schedule with relevant authorities at KEMRI & Ministries for quick processing.
- Ensure Health and Safety measures are adhered to as per policy at front desk; ensure the doors are always locked and access system is working. Alert any security breach.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in Secretarial, Office Management or equivalent.
- Knowledge or experience of telephone / PABX operations and customer service
- At least 1 – 2 years secretarial experience in a busy multi-cultural environment with experience in general office administration
- Ability to communicate in English and Kiswahili
- Basic computer literacy
- For candidates who can immidately be on boarded
- Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment,
- Strong problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
- Tact, poise and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Effective time management skills with the ability to priorities workloads and work within tight deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to help and take on additional roles
Office Job during nromal hours worked of 8:00am to 5:00pm throughout the week day , stationed at the Nairobi KWTRP Office.
How To Apply