Assistant Human Resource Officer Job – HRMIS at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP), Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya,
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility.
This role is responsible for providing support in the use of HR Management System and HR analytics and metrics. This role performs a variety of day-to-day administrative Human Resource Management Information System (HRIS) functions and processing and reporting of HR data.
- Senior Human Resource Officer – HRMIS
- Provide support in contract management process including accurate data capture, tracking approval processes and giving notice of contracts ending for onward communication with line managers;
- Ensure budget accountants’ approvals are done, and grants end dates are clear for guidance on instructions to be implemented on the document
- Tracking sick off, maternity, leave of absence, study leave and annual overspends for review by the HR team
- Participate in job evaluation process and ensure change of condition documents inclusion in payroll.
- Update the implemented changes in the HRMIS system and other HR databases.
- Maintain data in HRMIS and the HR database by ensuring data captured is accurate;
- Provide support in coordinating, scheduling and tracking the progress of HRMIS project functions including updating of various weekly/ monthly reports;
- Set up staff on the system for HR self-service and provide helpdesk support to staff and HR team on system challenges and facilitate administration of HR self-service helpdesk tickets;
- Capture leave data in HRMIS notices and track staff leave for review by HR team;
- Generate and provide leave reports to facilitate decision making and for intervention with respective line managers;
- Provide Support in the recruitment, selection and onboarding on new employees.
- Participate in the revision of SOPs in both HRIMIS and HR processes and facilitate implementation of the same;
- Provide support in the preparation of HR monthly reports; and
- Provide support on project implementation and key in data on the system.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in Human Resources administration activities in a busy multi-cultural environment.
- Member of IHRM
- Knowledge of HRIS
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Teamwork with the ability to work diverse teams
How To Apply