The HSS advisor will provide technical and strategic leadership; work with MoH at national and county levels, partners, and other stakeholders to ensure coordinated execution of RSSH intervention; Advocate for greater investments in Health and Community system.
The estimated period of performance is three (3) years.
- A Master’s degree in health policy and administration, public health, health sector development or related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of health policy and administration, health sector development, public health at the national level.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with numerous counterparts, including donors, Ministry of Health officials, local partners and other NGOs.
- Strong coordination, supervisory and management skills
- Experience and working knowledge with any advanced data analysis, analytics, and visualization applications
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a great deal of independence
- Experience working with Global Fund and Donor funded programs is an added advantage.
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering team work
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in national programs and technical staff in Quality Improvement
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Kenya healthcare system, particularly the public health system.
Method of Application
Interested? Please visit https://recruitment.amref.org:1445/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application.
Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Deadline for submission: 16th June2021. Please note that only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
Interested and qualified? Go to Amref Kenya on recruitment.amref.org to apply