To manage the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of all Applications systems to enable the use of appropriate platform technology, as an integral and reliable component of business process within country. Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with Applications and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
Accountability: Accountability: Service (Applications) Availability
The prime responsibility is for maintaining the availability and reliability of applications to ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Provide a range of application availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Successfully facilitate delivery of changes to reports needed by the business and ensure that reports and their dependencies are made available for the business.
- Provide holistic support of application availability to Business Users
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact application availability
- Ensure shortfalls in application availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed
- Take action on agreed appropriate actions with Line Management to maintain or improve application availability levels
- Initiate and coordinate actions required to maintain or improve availability of applications
- Act as a coordination point for changes to applications when needed
- Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support application availability
- Serve clients with a high level of quality professional service and technical support by telephone, chat, email and in-person while ensuring all daily SLA and KPI metrics are maintained.
- Utilize ServiceNow ticketing tool for management of Incident, Service & Problem items with strong focus on minimal user & business impact and achieving first call resolution.
- Provide First-level technical support and accountability on core infrastructure services such as network connectivity, systems and applications access, Active Directory, Exchange/O365, SharePoint, Enterprise Mobility, VDI (Citrix) and VPN access.
- Access Management – Understand the onboarding & offboarding process to guide the business for logical & physical access and work closely with Access Management team where necessary.
- provide user training to end users on applications and technologies used in the organization, Microsoft Windows and Apple and Android systems.
- Ensure timely resolution or escalation of incidents, and prompt communications of progress to end-users.
- Create and maintain Knowledge Base articles for end-users and Technical team.
Accountability: Test Management
Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the production environments as assigned to you by Line Management
- Work closely with Release Analysts
- Review releases and assign appropriate release testing tasks
- Compile and review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct installation procedure tests
- Participate in functional, performance, and integration testing results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct release test review
- Coordinate post release testing
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
Accountability: Business Liaison
Single point of contact for one or more business units to represent IT services.
- Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT
- Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
- Communicate service status on service issues to the Business Unit
- Assist in SLA negotiation efforts with Business Unit(s)
- Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
Accountability: Risk Management
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
Accountability: People Management
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging reviews.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader.
- Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake all necessary training in order to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate.
Education and experience required
- B-degree in Computer science/information Technology or related field
- 3 years IT experience in 1st-line Application support.
- ITIL v3/ ITIL4 Certification
- Windows 10 and MAC OS
- Office 2010/2016 and 365
- Exchange, SharePoint, Teams and One-drive
- Mobile OS – Apple IOS and Android
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
Method of Application