Zuri Events Limited is a privately owned and managed event management company based in Nairobi, Kenya July. We are looking for a hardworking, highly self-motivated and driven person to take up the position of Accounts and Administrative Assistant.
- Preparation of payments (vouchers, cheques, cash books and ledgers) and monthly bank reconciliations
- Daily recording and reconciliation of payments (including mpesa) and receipts.
- Filling and preparation of all statutory deductions within the legal timelines i.e. NSSF, NHIF, VAT, withholding tax, PAYE amongst other deductions.
- Preparation and administration of the payroll.
- Ensure timely payments of all contractual obligations of the company.
- Procure all goods and services required for smooth operation of the company.
- Preparation of contracts and local purchase orders.
- Invoicing, stock taking, debt collection and bank reconciliation
- Key in all data into Quickbooks and produce regular financial statements
- Prepare and adhere to Company budgets
- Manage the various cash accounts to ensure cashflow management and efficiency
- Responsible for keeping and updating all inventories, equipment, stock replenishment.
- Managing of office petty cash and general book keeping including liaison with the company auditors.
- Ensure logical planning of all office events: meetings, seminars, workshops etc.
- Attending all visitors and enquires: telephone, visitors and email.
- Oral and written correspondences to suppliers, customers
- Prepare all meeting agenda and taking minutes during all meetings.
- Act as first contact; receive, assist, and direct organizational visitors to their respective officials or departments
- Responsible for administrative support to other functions through photocopying, scanning, and sending and/or responding to relevant email communications
Manage all other employees of the company in close liaison with the Managing Director.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• A Bachelors degree in Business Administration and Accounts Section 5 required
• Minimum of 2 years’ working experience.
• Computer literate in Ms Office, Quickbooks
• Good interpersonal skills
• Skills in HR or Personnel Management will be an added advantage
To be discussed with successful applicant.
How to Apply:
If you believe you fit the above profile, send ¡n your application electronically indicating salary expectations and tell us why you would be a valuable inclusion to our team, a detailed CV and testimonials, 3 professional referees and a daytime telephone contact not later than January 31, 2013 to:
Quote the position you are applying for as the subject matter.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Zuri Events Limited is an equal opportunity employer.