WRAP Social Worker and Child Minder Career kenyas in Kenya July 2013
Responsibilities: include and are not limited to:
- Carrying out need assessment for WRAP clients i.e. emotional and psychological needs
- Attending to walk-in clients, accompany clients to hospitals, children’s department, courts, outings etc
- Conducts follow ups, home visits, resettlement and reintegration for WRAP Clients
- Advocate for children and sensitize the community on the rights and welfare of the Child
- Participate in seminars, workshops, conferences on issues related to the rights of children and women
- Writing monthly reports about the activities carried
- Diploma in Social work or Community Development from a reputable institution.
- Computer literate especially in Excel, Access and Word.
- Knowledge in basic counseling an added advantage
- At least 2 years experience in community work
- Professional experience working with National/International organization/ NGO and experience in child rights and women empowerment.
- Knowledge in community psychosocial based support.
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English (written and spoken)
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Able to work in a team with minimal supervision
- To ensure the security of all children at the shelter
- Planning and preparing various activities for children during the day based on their stage of development and individual needs & interest
- Maintain discipline and encourage positive behavior among WRAP children
- To play with children and keep them busy with activities at the shelter home.
- To accompany children to the hospital, outings, when called upon to do so.
- Must be creative and innovative on children activities.
- Must have experience in working with children.
- Must have love and passion for children.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be one who is flexible and quick to respond to emergencies
- Certificate in early Childhood Development is a requirement
- Basic knowledge in first-aid an added advantage
Note: Salary is Kshs 7,500/00 per month
If you meet these requirements please send your detailed resume indicating the position you are applying for, addressed to
Women’s Rights Awareness Programme (WRAP)
P.O. Box 3006-00200
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 14th Feb 2013