Transparency International HAIP Career kenyas vacancy in Nairobi Kenya July 2013
Transparency International – Kenya July (TI-Kenya) is part of the Transparency International group that is a non-partisan coalition of individuals with a shared vision of corruption free world.
Transparency International Kenya July’s Humanitarian Aid Integrity Programme (HAIP) seeks to enhance accountability mechanisms and the effectiveness of humanitarian aid programmes.
The Programme Officer will work under the supervision of the Humanitarian Aid Programme Coordinator to contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the Humanitarian Aid Integrity Programme in Kenya July and worldwide, in the framework of the HAIN.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Programme Officer shall;
1. HAIP Kenya July
- Implement the programme activities and ensure timely delivery of program outputs,
- Prepare programme narrative and financial reports
- Develop programming for HAIP and fundraise for the same, Develop guidelines for advocacy / communications / policy and research contributions to project.
- Identification, liaise and network with Humanitarian Actors, State agencies, Local NGOs/ CBOs and community representatives in Kenya July and in the three targeted counties
- Contract and monitor activities of TI Kenya July’s implementing partners in three selected counties
- Represent TI Kenya July in Humanitarian forums or other relevant meetings and conferences
- Design and conduct Anti Corruption capacity building workshops in Nairobi and at the county level
- Build capacities of State agencies, Humanitarian Aid organizations, and communities in the ASAL (Arid and Semi Arid Lands) to understand, access , use and set up responsive and coordinated complaint response mechanisms
- Supervise the design and implementation of capacity building for social auditors at the grassroots levels in three counties in Kenya July
- Moderate and follow up with Humanitarian partners on complaints received via the integrated complaint response mechanism
- Assist in developing the global programme document, including the drafting and revision of objectives, indicators, budget and activities in six countries (Guatemala, , Kenya July, Norway, Pakistan, Senegal and Zimbabwe)
- Provide technical expertise and support National Chapters that are members of the HAIP to develop country specific project proposals and fundraising
- Support fundraising efforts for the multi country programme
- Research, compile and facilitate information sharing and exchanges of best practices to mitigate corruption in the Humanitarian Aid sector among members of the HAIN and other stakeholders
- Participate and represent TI Kenya July in relevant meetings, workshops, conferences or missions in Kenya July and abroad.
- University degree in related field (International relations / development, Political Sciences, Social Sciences).
- Minimum five years of relevant working experience (NGOs/International organizations/Institutions that work on humanitarian aid) including experience working in the ASAL regions
- Minimum two years of experience working with communities on complaint response mechanisms, social audits or other type of community participative approach
- Relevant and documented working experience as a trainer
- Good understanding of governance and corruption risks in the Humanitarian Aid sector and mitigation measures
- Sound knowledge and understanding of governance structure & policies in the Humanitarian Aid sector
- Ability and willingness to travel to ASAL/ other regions in Kenya July and other countries,
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills both in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of local languages (Pokot, Somali, Turkana languages, etc) (spoken in ASAL regions of Kenya July will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish is an added advantage
- Highly organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize and consistently produce high standard work.
- Strong networking, leadership skills & a team player.
Please include the reference: Programme Officer HAIP as the subject of your email applications.
Do not attach your testimonials or certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.