Tours and Travel Consultant Intern Opportunity in Kenya 2019
Career Employment Tours and Travel Consultant Inter Nairobi Kenya May 2019
Job Description: Tours and Travel Consultant Intern
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of travel expeditions. In line with the company’s growth we seek to recruit a Tours and Travel Consultant Intern to undertake a 3 months intensive training
with a possibility of employment upon successful completion of the internship.
The selected candidate will be expected to be a team player, a creative thinker and a fast learner.
They will also be expected to assume the travel and business development tasks with great ownership and zeal.
- Research and develop the tours & travel business for the local and international market
- Effective handling of all aspects of tour operations such as developing tour packages itinerary planning, reservations, customer service and tour costings that are competitive in the industry through various contracts negotiations
- Explore and identify new business opportunities in a competitive and rapidly changing travel industry
- Achieving sales targets and managing client’s accounts
- Liaise with tour operators/ partners, hotels and airlines bookings for partnerships and further promotion of the brand.
- Carrying out product research and overall business requirements in the industry and identifying emerging opportunities in the experiential travel industry
- Leads generation and sales for the safari product
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism/tours & travel management or a diploma in tourism management/tours and travel management with 2 years’ experience
- Diploma in IATA ( IATA certified) with a minimum of 1 year experience in an IATA established firm
- Experience in using tours reservations systems ,flight booking systems ( Amadeus) and flight ticketing
- Good writing skills with keen attention to detail
- Must be reliable, responsible, and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience in liaising with international travel agents/partners
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Should have a thorough knowledge of the East African tourism product & designing of international itineraries and costing
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales, networking and prospecting skills
- Knowledge on digital marketing will be an added advantage
If you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on http://www.electiveafrica.com/careers to apply by 5pm on Thursday 23rd May, 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted