This is an example of a good standard CV (also called a competency-based CV) for a student studying computer science.
Tel. (020) 351 4039
Nakuru, Nakuru city
Rift CountyDate of Birth: 5. 11. 1986
Nationality: Kenya Julyn
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Egerton University (Hons.) Computer Science 2005 – 2008
Software Engineering, Compiling Techniques, Computer Networks and Communications, Digital Systems, Operating Systems and Robotics.
I obtained 62% in my 2nd year exams equivalent to a 2:1
Nakuru Community College 2003 – 2006
‘A’ Levels: Mathematics B, Physics C, Chemistry D.
St. John’s Boys School, Nyeri. 1998 – 2003
Tourist Information Office, Kisumu 2006
Mombasa City Council 2004
Simple Simon’s Public House, Kisii. Sept. 2006 – present
Part-time barwork throughout the year serving customers and cashing up.
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
- Secretary of the Japanese Society, involved booking speakers.
- Helped to organise a charity fun run for Rag Week
- Have fundraised for the World Land Trust who buy and save endangered rainforests.
- I enjoy running and play for the University football team.
- Other interests include current affairs and reading sci-fi novels.
- Computing Skills: Knowledge of Linux and Windows XP/Vista. Programming skills in Java, Haskell and Modula 3. Good knowledge of SQL and RDBMS.
- Good level of spoken French.
- Full, clean driving licence.