Senior Systems Developer Jobs, Latest IT Jobs, Daystar University Jobs
Position: Senior Systems Developer
Participating in the creation of new products and enhancements to existing products from concept to launch as part of a cross-functional project team to achieve compelling easy to use ICT products.
- Analysing user requirements, researching, designing and writing new software programs
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing the documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
- Evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardware work.
- Writing operational documentation with technical authors.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic designers, developers, systems analysts, among others.
- Protect operations by keeping the information confidential.
- Preparation of training manuals and training users.
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Ensuring Christian and appropriate behaviour, both internal and external, in line with the institution’s Strategy
- Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or its equivalent from an accredited University.
- Five (5) years relevant experience.
- Experience in academic institution of higher learning is an added advantage.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, NAVISION and related integrations with Library, HR & Payroll systems.
- Certificate in ITIL, Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Masters’ degree in Computer Science will be an added advantage
- Registered with the relevant professional bodies
- Christian commitment and practice
Those interested in these challenging and rewarding positions should submit their application and detailed curriculum vitae with names and contacts of 3 referees to the address below on or before: 20th March, 2020.
All applications should be sent by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com clearly indicating the position you have applied for in the email’s subject line.
Hard copies will not be considered. Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.