Senior IT Assistant Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, World Bank Kenya Jobs
Senior IT Assistant
Job #: req6159
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): French
Closing Date: 3/10/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 189-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
The Information & Technology Solutions, Knowledge and Information Services Unit is led by the Chief Archivist within the Information Management & Technology (ITS) Vice Presidency. ITSKI partners with clients and IT network colleagues to provide transformative development solutions through the management of information and provisioning of IT enabled business solutions, towards a world free of poverty. The ITSKI unit’s primary clients are internal (the Regional Vice-presidencies, the Global Practices) and other corporate and operational units, as well as with external clients, partners, and the public that use the Bank’s Access to Information systems and archival services. Within ITSKI, the ITSRI Unit is responsible for the Records and Information Management and Open Publishing functions which provide the foundation to transparency, accountability, and evidence-based decision-making at the WBG. The work includes enabling information and knowledge sharing with the development community while also facilitating the easy capture, sharing, discovery, use, storage and disposition of WBG information. Additionally, the ITSRI team supports the underlying applications for the Archives, document/record management repositories, ITSKI intranet sites and internal and public facing curated collections for the World Bank and development community and manages active and semi-active paper files for ICSID, INT, and IFC at their Records and Information Centers, before the files are transferred to the custody of the WBG Archives in the Records Center at the Pennsylvania Mine.
ITSRI records and information management Team is seeking a Senior IT Assistant to participate in and contribute to the Team’s day-to-day activities and strategic initiatives, including working with country offices in the region to raise awareness and targeted training on the importance of Information Management, which includes activities related to the Management of Records, the World Bank Policy on Access to Information, Disclosure of Information and Information Security among other key activities. All of which ensure that the right information is available to the right person in the right format at the right time.
The position is based in Nairobi and reporting directly to and supervised by Information Management Team Lead, the Senior IT Assistant will be working as part of the WBG IM team serving Bank Group staff globally.
- The Senior IT Assistant will assume the following responsibilities:
- Train and support teams on electronic and paper records management policy and procedures including promotion of Banks’ Going Digital initiatives.
- Implements records retention and disposition schedules for paper holdings.
- Deliver country office training and disposition missions.
- Promotes and supports creation, organization and use of information resources and compliance with information management related policies including information classification, related directives, procedures and guidelines.
- Gathers information and requirements to support analysis of client needs and business processes. Recommends changes to services and systems that will improve records management based upon direct client feedback.
- Participates in testing and evaluation of new and existing information management systems.
- Assists in the identification and assessment of specific information management system issues and solutions.
- Provides input into policies, directives, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to information management services.
- Prepares training documentation and conducts training on IMS systems so that clients can effectively use resources and be in compliance.
- Monitors compliance in capturing of project documents in designated records management systems and reports to the project teams.
- Supports marketing and outreach activities.
- Travel is required to deliver country office training and disposition missions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Records Management or Archival studies.Related work experience (minimum 5 years) in record management or information management.
- Experience in training and facilitation using a variety of instructional techniques for different audiences in a manner that they can understand and relate to.
- Experience and knowledge of Change Management and Communication principles and methodologies.Organized, agile, persistent, and proactive.
- Ability to work and juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- English proficiency, written and spoken a must. Knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a fast-paced collaborative environment.Adaptability – Recognizes and responds appropriately to new situations.
- Business Enterprise Knowledge – Keeps informed on business operations data.Research and Dissemination – Understands and applies skills in information search and retrieval using taxonomies, keywords and content search mechanisms.
- Client Orientation – Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
How to Apply