Sales Manager Career kenya in Kenya, March 2014
Company Profile: Our client is a Global company that provided Power Generation Solutions.
Position: Sales Manager – Onsite Energy
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Management of Sales activities of the Group related to Onsite Energy. The over view of product line is Sales of diesel/gas/HFO driven generation sets and allied products and services
- Monitoring and analyzing the market potential.
- Studying the competitors’ product lines and services.
- Studying our product lines and services and positions our products.
- Exploring ways of improving existing products and services and offerings.
- Identifying target market segments and developing strategies to sell our products.
- Design models for operating lease, rental units, power plants etc.
- Preparing and managing sales plans and budgets
- Revenues, unit sales, market share, distribution channels, product, positioning, pricing, promotion, USP, LCC, etc.
- Liaising with internal departments such as Marketing, Aftermarket, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal & HR
- To travel in the territories for sales calls, attend meetings and be close to the customer base, competition activities and continuously
- Keep improving our product offerings, take corrective actions and keep improving, suggestions and reports to the management on a regular basis,
- Supporting and managing the sales team.
- Liaising and understanding our principal’s sales strategies and objectives and try to be in line as far as possible so as not deviate from our market situation.
Required Skills and Qualification
- Should be a preferably an engineering graduate from a premier institute with post-graduation in management specialized in Sales/marketing from a reputed institution.
- Should have experience in selling large and medium generating sets driven by HFO, Gas and diesel driven.
- Should have experience in rental business and operating lease.
- Certified by energy auditor will be preferred.
- Experience in Caterpillar, Volvo, Cummins, MHI, MTU, Rolls-Royce will be preferred.
- Overseas experience will be preferred.
- Should be computer savvy and should be proficient in MS Office.
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be able to respond well to pressure
- Be able to work well in a team of multi cultures
- Be organized and methodical
- Be proactive and able to take the initiative
- Be able to motivate and inspire a team
- Be well presented with a professional manner
- Be persuasive and diplomatic
- Have a good business awareness
How to apply
To apply for this position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position in the subject line. Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted