Job Vacancy: Repairs and Maintenance Officer
Job Summary: The eligible person will be coordinating installation, maintenance and repair work in buildings, oversee and determine repair procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate electrical, plumbing, ventilation and other repair works
- Developing, implementing and updating repairs and maintenance procedures
- Responsible for evaluating problematic systems or facilities and determining what installation or repair services need to be performed
- Ensures prompt repairs are done in times of emergency breakdowns.
- Providing budget estimates and ensuring timely delivery of repair and maintenance works
- Streamlines associated job execution and repair costs.
- Developing repair schedules
- Performing initial evaluations of building systems and distributing work assignments.
- Solicit bids and manage the budget for maintenance and capital improvement projects
- Selecting renovation-level contractors; ensuring contractors meet industry standards and inspecting their work upon completion
- Hire workers, organize schedules, and assign work activity.
- Minimize the frequency or severity accidents of maintenance personnel and contractors by identifying risks.
- Submits reports regarding repair jobs, which include consumption of man hours, materials, tools and skills.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- A degree/diploma in a technical course or equivalent
- Training in accredited TIVET or NYS institution an added advantage
- Relevant technical skills in electrical, carpentry and plumbing fields
- One year of hands-on experience
- High level of safety awareness.
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to effectively relate with people from different backgrounds.
- Good communication skills to effectively interact with different groups of people.
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends when needed
- Well organized, detail oriented and efficient
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with good problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of regulations regarding housing quality and maintenance standards
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the required qualifications and experience; please send your application with a well detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees quoting the job title on the email subject (Repair and maintenance Officer) to email@example.com