Recent Job Opportunity for Maasai Mara: University in Kenya 2014
Maasai Mara University is a successor of Narok University College which started in 2008.
The university was granted a charter on 12th February, 2013 upon which it became a full fledged university.
The university is located in Kenya, 140 kilometres South west of Nairobi and 2 kilometres from Narok town, off Narok Sotik road and next to the Maasai Mara junction.
The mission of Maasai Mara University is to provide quality university education through innovative teaching, research and consultancy services for development.
We are looking for Associate Professors, Senior Lectures, Lectures and Tutorial Fellows in the following schools:
1. School of Science
- Computer science (software)
- Physics (Solid State/ Electronics)
- Pure Mathematics (Statistics)
- Botany (Taxonomy)2. School of business and economics
- Hotel and Hospitality
- Economics (Economic Theory, Econometrics, Finance, Quantitative Methods)
- Agricultural economics and Resource Management
- Business (Finance and Accounting)3. School of Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Psychology4. Scholl of tourism and natural resources Management
- Wildlife Management; Mammology, Ornithology and Herpetology, Animal Behaviour and Animal Genetics.
- Tourism Management; Animal Science and Ecology, Cultural Heritage, Travel and Tour operations, Sports and Event Management.
- Department of forestry; Forest in victory and Mensuration, Plant breeding and Silviculture, Survey and photogrammetry, Wood Science, Forest engineering.
- Environmental Studies; Biological Science and Earth Science.5. School Arts and Social science
- Communication and Publics Relations
- Communication and Journalism
- Social Work
- Political Science and public Administration.Requirements for the Positions. Tutorial Fellow/ Research Assistance Scale 11
- Must have a 1st degree and a master degree from a recognized university
- Should for PhD degree
- Should demonstrate potential for university teaching and/or research Lecturer scale 12
- Should have a PhD degree from a recognized university
- Have a master degree in addition to a 1st degree from a recognized university plus 3 years of experience at university level degree and at least two publications.
- Should be registered by relevant professional body (where applicable). Senior Lecturer Scale 13
- Should have a PhD degree or its equivalent from a recognized and accredited university, and must have at least three years of teaching or research experience university level since becoming Lecturer/ Research Fellow.
- Must have minimum of 4 publications in refereed journals since appointment as Lecturer/Research Fellow.
- Should have supervised 4 post graduate masters degree candidates or attracted research funds or
- Must have a masters degree plus 8 years of university teaching experience after becoming Lecturer and 4 publication Registration with relevant professional body [where applicable]
- Should have attended and contributed at learning conferences, Seminars or workshops.
- Should show evidence of continued research and evaluated effective teaching.
- Should show evidence of contribution to university life through active participation in departmental matters, student academic advising, faculty and university meetings, committee membership and others.
- Should show evidence of contribution to university life as well as national and international life. Associate Professor Scale 14
- Must have a PhD degree or its academic equivalent in a recognized and accredited university.
- Should have at least 3 years of teaching and research since being appointed as senior Lecturer/ Research Fellow.
- Must have at least minimum of 4 articles refereed journals or cumulative publication score of 8 Equivalent publication points for appointment as a Senior Lecturer.
- Should have supervised 5 post graduate degree candidates of which at least one must be a PhD candidate.
- Should have attracted research funds.
- Should have evidence of membership of professional societies.
- Should have evidence of continued research and effective teaching.
- Must be recognized and registered / have potential to be registered by relevant professional boards.
- Should show evidence of contribution to university life as well as national and international life.
- Should show evidence of academic leadership in his/her area of specialization.Salary Scales Associate Professor (Scale : 14) – Kush. 127,985 x 4,263 – 140,775 x 4,907 – 180,034/= p.m.
Senior Lecturer (Scale: 13) – Ksh. 98,068 x 2,824 – 103,717 x 4,001 – 123,722 x 4,263 – 140,775/= p.m
Lecturer ( Scale : 12) – Ksh. 886,771 x 2,824 – 103,717 x 4,001 – 123,722/= p.m
Tutorial Fellow ( Scale: 11) – Ksh. 72,649 x 2,824 – 103,717/= p.m
In addition, successful candidate should be entitled to a generous house allowance commensurate with their seniority.
Application should be received by 2nd October, 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications ( 5 copies ) should be submitted giving full details of applicants age, marital status, educational and professional qualifications, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees plus copies of certificates and testimonies:
Maasai Mara University is an equal opportunity employer; Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.