A Ranch in Laikipia is looking for a competent Driver cum Mechanic to operate its machinery and vehicles.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Driving and maintaining company vehicles and machinery.
The ideal candidate should be mature enough to and possess the requirements below;
- Safe and competent driving of Company vehicle or machinery to provide transportation as scheduled;
- Conduct regular maintenance of the assigned vehicle or machinery; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc;
- Examine vehicles or machinery and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems;
- Running errands including collection and delivery of mail, parcels and official documents;
- To carry out logistics duties relating to stores, loading and offloading of the vehicle considering the maximum capacity, distribution, etc.
- To ensure that all the necessary documents are available and up to date in the vehicle or tractor (Insurance, Vehicle log Books, tool kit, spare parts, spare tires, first aid kit and fire extinguisher).
- Perform pre-start checks before commencement of any journey.
- Notifying the supervisor when the vehicle or machinery is due for service.
- Maintaining record of trips including kilometers traveled, fuel consumed and cost, and dates of oil changes, all according to established procedures.
- To refuel the vehicle or machinery whenever necessary or when the level gets below half of the tank capacity.
- Accurate recording of vehicle’s mileage.
- Report any incidents/accidents to police and/or the Supervisor immediately as they occur.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Should have at least a Form 4 (K.C.S.E) certificate.
- Possess a BCDE – Class Driving License.
- Proven work experience as a driver (Class B, C, D & E).
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a reputable company.
- Should be above 35 years of age.
Personal skills and attributes required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle or machinery problem diagnosis and mechanical systems.
- Team player and able to deal professionally with other workers while on site.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under stressful conditions with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send current CV and application indicating expected gross salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th June 2020.
Should you not hear from us two weeks after the application deadline, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.