Radio Presenter/Producer Jobs, Media Jobs 2020, KBC Jobs
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant position with a dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professional to achieve its corporate objectives. Qualified internal/external candidates are encouraged to apply.The following vacant position exists under Radio Department. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
REF: RD/01 /05/2020: PRESENTER /PRODUCER – RENDILE SUB-SERVICE (1 POST)
- Undertake live programmes, commentaries, translation, script preparation and continuity duties.
- Initiating ideas for production
- Research content for programme production
- Translation of scripts from English or Kiswahili to Rendille
- Translating and reading news bulletins
- Production and voicing of promos, jingles and commercials
- Uploading and downloading of content onto computer
- Promotion of programme and station to enhance visibility through various electronic and social media
- Diploma / Certificate in Radio Production/Broadcast Journalism/Mass Communication
- Minimum of KSCE C –
- At least one year exposure to radio packaging and on-air presentation software.
- A degree in related field will be an added advantage
- Certificate of good conduct
- Fluency in Kiswahili, English and Rendile languages.
- Ability to translate from English and Kiswahili to Rendile
- A good understanding of both secular and religious vernacular music.
- An interest in the generation and use of creative sounds such as sweepers , drops ,effects and other on-air promotional properties
- ICT skills and interpersonal skills.
- Use of Broadcast software packages.
- Proficiency in the use of social media and internet
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right person for the job and can demonstrate your competence please send your application and resume together with the copies of your certificates to reach the undersigned not later than, 26th May, 2020.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100