Quality Analyst – Non-Functional Testing Engineer Job in Kenya 2019
Role title: Quality Analyst – Non-Functional Testing Engineer
Role Description: Reporting to the Manager – Non-Functional Testing, the position holder will execute the strategy and frameworks in Software non-functional testing and ensure solutions delivered to the customers meet the required standards for quality.
He/ she is responsible for ensuring that products delivered to production are stable and security-proof.
- Test planning, design, execution of non-functional testing (performance, load, stress, security, usability testing), result analysis and reporting.
- Adopt creativity to achieve higher levels of competency and efficiency through adoption of fit for future technologies.
- Execute non functional testing within the planned schedules to ensure ontime delivery of products
- Responsible for planning, monitoring and implementing controls in non fuctional testing activities
- Define suitable metrics for measuring nonfunctional test progress and evaluation of the quality of the testing process and products
- Responsible for implementation and management of fully functional test environments ensuring stability of all test environments including subsequent upgrades and modernizations on these environments
- Accountable maintenance of tools for non-functional testing (load and performance, security, usability etc)
- E2E Accountability for GDR testing and ensuring working BCP plans are in place for all solutions
- Lead programs to measure, analyze, monitor, manage, and optimize performance and scalability of our current applications and systems.
- Responsible for reviewing, reporting and making data driven decisions around performance issues or bottlenecks.
- Review uncovered application bottlenecks and facilitate resolution with development, Infrastructure, DBA and security teams to ensure no defects in regards to quality attributes escape to production.
Role Requirement and experience
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Development or related subject
- 2 years + experience in software design, development or non-functional testing in a busy IT environment
- Experience in at least one programming language
- Experience in use of performance and other non-functional testing automated tools – Load runner, J-meter, HP fortify etc
- Hands-on QA experience with proven analytical and testing skills – Experience in developing test strategies, test plans, test scenarios and test cases
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks
- Experience with metric gathering, report generation and analysis of testing results
- Ability to show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Strong risk identification and mitigation planning skills
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail
- ISTQB Certification is a plus
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below: