PSC Deputy Chief Litigation Counsel, and State Counsel Career kenyas in Kenya July 2013
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The public service commission is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenya Julyns.
- Women and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and testimonials during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Public Service Commission of Kenya July
P. O. Box 30095 – 00100
Deputy Chief Litigation Counsel
Three (3) Posts V/No.160/2012
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.89,748 – Ksh.120,270 p.m.
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years at the grade of Senior Principal Litigation Counsel, SLG ‘5’ in the Department of Civil Litigation or in a comparable position in the Public Service;
- a Masters degree in Law or any other social science from a recognized university;
- attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks in a recognized institution;
- integrity and commitment to produce results;
- creativity, innovativeness, technical problem solving, resource management competence and administrative and supervisory skills;
- demonstrated planning and organizational skills;
- willingness to accept responsibilities for own actions and outcomes; and
- demonstrated administrative professional competence at that level.
- administration of the Civil Registry;
- conducting cases for and on behalf of Government
- Ministries/Departments and State Corporations;
- allocation of case files;
- being responsible for the filing of memoranda of appearance in all suits against the Government, State Corporations or those given legal aid when summons require such appearance; and
- undertaking arbitrations and research.
(For Office of the Deputy Prime Minister and Ministry of Local Government)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.30,472 – Ksh.40,835 p.m.
- a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from a recognized university;
- a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies from Kenya July School of Law;
- been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya July