Pest Control Products Board Career kenyas vacancies in Kenya July 2013
Internal Auditor II
Scale PCB 8
- Conduct audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of financial records and efficiency of organizational operations using professional audit standards and practices.
- Prepares reports of audit results and recommendations to management
- Ascertaining the level of compliance with established policies, plans and procedures
- Developing and implementing effective risk management and control governance framework
- Follow up outstanding issues to ensure appropriate corrective actions after external audits
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting or Finance), Business Administration (Accounting or Finance), Business Management (Accounting or Finance) or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- served satisfactorily in the grade of Auditor III or in a comparable position in public service or private sector for at least three (3) years;
- a pass in part II of Certified Internal Auditors (CIA) or part II of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- be a member of ICPAK
- computer literacy and a good working knowledge of accounting packages and financial systems
Scale PCB 8
Specific duties at this level will involve:
- monitoring compliance with legal regulatory framework;
- advising on negotiations and taking part in corporate deals;
- interpretation of legal opinions and offering guidance on legal requirements;
- advising on principals of corporate governance;
- prosecuting and representing the PCPB in law courts and quasi judicial tribunals;
- drawing and execution of letters of offer/contract; preparation and filing of pleadings for and on behalf of the PCPB.
- A Bachelors degree in Law from a recognized institution;
- Been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya July; and
- Served as a Legal Officer for at least three (3) years;
Scale PCB 9
- Purchasing goods and services for the Board
- Inviting and writing quotations, preparing relevant documents
- Assist in opening of tenders/quotations
- Raising LPOs and LSOs
- Follow ups and progressing of pending orders
- Assist in compiling status reports on procurements
- Assist in tender/quotation opening sessions and scheduling of responses
- Market survey
- Inventory updates
- Filing of procurement documents and records
- Served as a Supply chain assistant for a minimum period of three (3) years in the Public Service;
- a Diploma in supply chain management (final stage) from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Computer literacy
- High ethical standards and integrity.
The Pest Control Products Board is seeking to engage a Clerk of Works for a period of twelve (12 no) months to carry out post contract duties for a PCPB project in Nairobi.
The main responsibility is to make sure that work is carried out to PCPB’S standards, specifications and schedule.
It is mandatory that each applicant will meet the following basic requirements:-
- Posses a minimum of craft certificate course. Possession of an ordinary diploma or a higher diploma will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of six (6) year’s experience in the supervision of building construction works and to have undertaken similar work for similar organizations.
- Membership to the institute of Clerk of Works Kenya July will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and make reports
- Ready to work long hours and proficiency of computers
- Exhibit understanding of duties and responsibilities of clerk of works for building construction
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certificates and testimonials.
- Personal Identification Number
- National identity card.
- Recommendation letters from two (2) referees in the building, construction or civil engineering industry with a minimum experience of not less than ten (10) years who may either be your employer or registered professional in the construction industry.
- Day time telephone number
Applications should be submitted in enclosed plain sealed envelope to reach the undersigned on or before 27th February 2013.
The Chief Executive Officer
Pest Control Products Board
P.O Box 13794 -00800