Oxford Business Group Project Assistant Intern in Nairobi Kenya 2014 January
Role: The Project Assistant’s role is to provide administrative assistance to the Country Director, but has growth potential depending on outward performance.
- Meets with the Country Director daily to discuss the daily and weekly priorities
- Arranges meetings
- Organises the Country Director’s daily agenda, schedule, and CRM system
- Collects artwork and submits to the head office
- Helps organise delivery of books with the project coordinator (both to advertisers and to other contacts requested)
- Ensures that she/he is available on phone / on line at all times, especially when staff is out of office for meetings
- Liaises with Country Director about spontaneous PR meetings
- Provide assistance to the Project Coordinator for the Academic Programme to create partnerships between OBG and universities, and sign up students
- Participation at conferences where OBG serve as media partners and assistance to the Project Coordinator with the OBG stand. Contact with the event organisers to ensure the smooth running of the events.
- Assists the advertising staff with their research
- Assists the editorial staff with their research (helping read local papers and cutting out informative articles daily, assist to find the most appropriate local analysts, assist the staff or analysts to find interesting companies/organisations/institutions within each sector for interviews)
- Helps in sending letters for published interviews for The Report: Kenya 2014
- Assists with extensive writing requirements
- Liaises with the head office to receive the invoices, proof read invoices and check accuracy, send invoices to clients
- Works with head office to ensure timely collection of invoices – close follow up with clients for payment including meeting with them if necessary.
- Excellent English
- Able to use MS Office Applications
- Works with utmost professionalism
- Relevant experience in research and writing
- Strong planning, organisation and administrative skills
- Eager to learn and be trained appropriately
- Good communication skills, strong customer orientation with excellent phone etiquette, able to handle high volume calls
- Experience in the sales support or customer relations operations – not a must but a strong asset
- Capable of completing Career kenya with accuracy
The application closing date will be on Monday, January the 13th.