Non-Profit Organization Social Worker Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Career Employment Social Worker Nairobi Kenya May 2019
A non-profit organization focusing on helping populations in Nairobi through education, community outreach and economic empowerment programmes in order to facilitate sustainable change is seeking to urgently fill the above position.
Job Title: Social Worker
Reports to: Senior Administrative Manager
Key duties and responsibilities
- Using the sponsorship policies and guidelines, participate (together with management selected committee) in the recruitment and selection of children in the programme
- Work with Administrative Coordinator/Data officer to build up a case study/ profile of each child to be put forward for sponsorship
- Participate, together with a committee formulated by management, in verifying and compiling SSP applications that meet our criteria
- Conduct household vulnerability assessment exercises as needed. This is to collect data, compile case histories, verify profiles of identified beneficiaries, and enter information into a database.
- Enroll new children into approved primary, secondary schools and colleges
- Conduct frequent phone calls and follow ups with schools to ensure the well-being of our sponsored students, with help from the Project Assistant
- Keep the sponsors through NY office up to date with their sponsored child’s progress both in and out of school via termly communications and as requested
- Ensure sponsored students and guardians comply to policy requirements every term, and hold termly meetings to ensure compliance
- Help sponsored children to write to their sponsors on a termly basis, holding letter writing days during each school holiday
- Working closely with The Project Assistant to plan and mobilize for termly events
- Coordinate with Senior Administrative Manager and Project Assistant to ensure all is prepared for placement and return of children into learning institutions – Purchase and distribution of supplies, collection and payment of school fee, collection of contracts for all students and any other requirements needed
- Make follow ups on students’ welfare and matters arising from case reports, which will require visits to schools and speaking to school heads
- Be the primary contact person for the students in our Sponsorship Programme for any issues or problems that may arise, providing emotional support and helping students to resolve their issues
- Submit to the supervisor weekly written reports narrating all activities and making recommendations
Must be proficient in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Social work policies, procedures, methods, ethics and professional standards
- Familiar with social work standards, information gathering systems and methods; Ability to proficiently manage and operate community programme; Effective verbal, written, presentation and listening communications skills.
- The Person must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Community Social worker with high level of integrity and honesty and be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Mature with excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Must have a Degree in Social Work or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least three (3) years post qualification work experience in social work and preferably in an informal sector.
- Must be proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Office documents
Send your application clearly stating the position applying for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2019.
Please note that, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.