Nation Media Group Corporate Communications Officer Career kenyas vacancy in Kenya July 2013
Corporate Communications Officer
Job Ref: HR-CCO-12-2013
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya July, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit a corporate communications officer for our Corporate Affairs department.
He/she will report to the Group Head of Corporate Affairs and will work in a team to position and enhance the Nation Media Group’s corporate image and reputation as the Media of Africa for Africa.
We invite applicants who are experienced, results-oriented, and dynamic and self- motivated with proven track records and attributes to excel in a highly competitive environment.
- Working to enhance internal and external communication through various communication platforms;
- Profiling the Group through positive editorial content and broadcasting of the Group’s business, social and community/charitable events;
- Evaluating and putting in place effective publicity on commercial promotions, staff and media events for the company and staging and managing various corporate events;
- Providing the proactive links with all stakeholders to generate goodwill and influence corporate image and productivity;
- Support the implementation of a Global Reporting Initiative programme and the development of social reporting and accountability documentation including programme development and management;
- Assist in implementing the group’s customer charter, customer satisfaction surveys and reputation index to enhance and maintain appropriate customer experience;
- Research and assist implement annual group communication audits and development of mitigating interventions to build on internal and external communication;
- Manage content generation and regular update for corporate website and intranet;
- Produce speeches, briefing notes, presentations and other communication material for the Group’s spokespeople; and
- Plan and implement public visits/orientation to NMG products, staff and facilities.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- University degree in Communications; Public Relations; Journalism; Humanities or Social Sciences;
- Post-graduate training in Public Relations, Marketing and/or Journalism;
- Proven track record in driving PR and communication activities in medium to large sized organizations;
- Interpersonal skills with reference to managing the various “publics”;
- Age bracket of 25 – 35 years;
- Two or more years of working experience; and
- Photography and Videography skills will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may email their applications and detailed CVs online to: http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 21st December, 2013.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.