Malindi Water & Sewerage Company Managing Director Career kenya in Kenya July 2013
Malindi Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd. (MAWASCO) was established on 24th August 2005.
It is a publicly owned company incorporated under the Company’s Act and jointly owned by the Municipal Council and the County Council of Malindi.
It has been appointed by the Coast Water Services Board to provide quality water and sewerages services within the Malindi District.
MAWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a suitable qualified person to fill the following position in its establishment:
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting and executing the overall business strategy for the Company and translating Board and shareholder mandates to the business and representing Management to the Board.
The position ensures that the Company meets its strategic objectives in a changing environment to achieve overall goals of the Company.
Key Result Area / Principle Accountabilities and Duties
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the Company’s strategic plans to enhance profitability and shareholder value.
- Ensure the business promotion is carried out as per developed and formulated plans so as to attain planned rate of return of assets.
- Ensure effective mobilization and utilization of resources.
- Advise the Board on the Company’s performance.
- Cultivate and encourage a productivity culture of results in the Company.
- Establish, direct and manage the Company’s managerial, financial and operational systems, procedures and controls to ensure that they are professional, workable and sustainable.
- Provide strategic direction on new investments, business opportunities and change initiatives.
- Nurture the organization’s human resource and ensure that appropriate management structures and policies are developed and implemented.
- Provide relationship management and networking with local and global business partners and stakeholders.
- Promote sound corporate governance and ethical standards.
- Provide proactive public relations and enhance the Company’s corporate image.
Educational and Professional Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Finance or Economics or Management or Law from a recognized university;
- Possession of relevant Masters degree from a recognized University will be an added advantage;
- Being a member of a professional body in the relevant professional field will be an added advantage;
- 5 years traceable experience and knowledge of corporate governance. 3 years of which must be at senior
- management level and three (3 years) in Utility Management will be an added advantage;
- Proven change management credentials.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Must demonstrate team management, excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills;
- Have a clear understanding of the Vision and Mission of the company and ability to translate the company’s activities and plans in realization of the same;
- Ability to provide sound leadership in managing a diverse workforce in a dynamic environment and be a person of high integrity
- Excellent knowledge in computer operating packages;
- Active participation at community level;
- Demonstrate experience in driving change and initiate growth in an organization;
The position is senior and demands excellent people management and development skills, written and oral communication skills both in English and Kiswahili, and high degree of honesty and integrity.
Candidates, who meet the above specifications and have the drive to join a highly motivated work team, should submit their applications together with detailed CV, copies of academic & professional certificates, copies of Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate and KRA Tax Compliance Certificate, E-mail address, day telephone number of self and contacts of three (3) professional referees to reach us not later than Monday 6th August 2012 addressed to:
Board of Directors
Malindi Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd.
P.O. Box 410 – 80200,