Republic of Kenya
Ministry of Devolution and Planning
Request for Expression of Interest for the Recruitment of a Governance Specialist
Background Information: The Government of Kenya wishes to monitor and engage a wide spectrum of stakeholders and other interested parties on the country’s performance with regard to governance, social and economic reform.
This will entail monitoring and detailed analysis of the indices that help to explain performance in these areas.
Resultantly, interventions would be advanced to the relevant institutions and agencies aimed at improvements and sustained reforms. In view of this, the Ministry needs to engage an individual consultant who will undertake the functions envisaged in the scope of assignment.
Purpose: The purpose of this call is to invite individuals with expertise in the areas outlined, to express their interest in providing the requested service
Objective of Consultancy: The objective of the assignment is to undertake monitoring of governance related indicators including corruption.
The holder of the position will be responsible for developing reform strategies that would promote improvement in the various indicators monitored.
The Governance Specialist will be responsible to the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Devolution and Planning.
- Report on all relevant governance global indices ranking of Kenya.
- Annual Kenya factsheet on governance indicators.
- Development of a governance reform policy programme.
- Development of a structured engagement programme within government and with other relevant external actors.
- Development of a public engagement strategy and implementation of the same.
- Any other deliverables that may be required by the Cabinet Secretary in the course of the assignment
Qualification and Experience
The candidate must have a minimum qualification of a Master’s degree in Law, Economics, Political Science or any other relevant field.
The candidate should have a strong research background with at least 15 years’ experience in a similar position in the public service or private sector dealing with governance related issues.
A PhD qualification is desirable.