Republic of Kenya
County Government of Kisumu
County Public Service Board
The Kisumu Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the positions of ECDE teachers in accordance with the Constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176, 186(1), and Schedule 4 Part 2, section 9.
Post: Early Childhood Development Teachers
- A Kenyan citizen and preferably a resident of Kisumu County
- National identity card
- Academic certificates
- Professional certificates
- Two coloured passport size photographs
- Proof of registration with the Kisumu county government (education sector)
- Any other relevant testimonials
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- A letter from your local chief
1. Academic Qualifications
Be a holder of a Form Four certifi cate (EACE/KCE)
i. Division III and above
ii. KCSE D+ and above
iii. KCSE D plain with KNEC profi ciency
2. Professional Qualifications: Certificate, Diploma or degree in ECDE from a recognized institution.
Experience in ECDE will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Be conversant with the ECDE syllabus and curriculum delivery
2. Be an actual classroom teacher/caregiver
3. Be able to interpret childcare services
4. Be a community mobilizer and conversant with ECDE matters/activities
5. Be the linkage between child and parent
6. Be able to advise on feeding programmes
7. Have adequate knowledge on growth-monitoring and evaluation
8. Be conversant with child-care services and care plus OVCs, child rights (abuse, neglect and labour), and with the working system line ministries like the Ministry of Health in administration of Vitamin A and de-worming and the Ministry of Water in the provision of safe drinking water.
How to Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of national identity card, a letter from the local chief, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials.
They should be submitted in sealed envelopes marked “ECDE” and addressed to:
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 7792 – 40100
Hand delivered at the Kisumu County Public Service Board offices situated at the Town Hall.
All applications should reach the Board on or before 31st January, 2014.
The Kisumu county government is an equal opportunity employer, and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.