KEWASNET National Coordinator Career kenya in Kenya July 2013
Kenya Water and Sanitation CSO’s Network (KEWASNET) is a national membership organization whose members are drawn from civil society organizations working to improve water resource management and increase efficiency in service delivery in the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector.
The overall purpose of KEWASNET is to ensure that Kenya Julyns access affordable safe WASH services in a sustainable environment.
KEWASNET is seeking to recruit a National Coordinator to drive its agenda and ensure attainment of its vision and mission.
S/he will be required to provide leadership in moving the Network to the next level, coordinate its activities and ensure effective contribution and participation of the Network in the national, regional and international WASH activities.
- Ensure consistent communication of Network’s activities and opportunities in a timely manner to members and relevant partners.
- Enhance effectiveness of KEWASNET members by supporting them to enhance their skills for networking, policy advocacy, monitoring and evaluation among other relevant skills.
- Working with members to carry out research & documentation on diverse areas of interest, particularly best-practice approaches that work for poor and marginalized people.
- Facilitate mobilization and building of capacity for CSOs in Kenya July to effectively play their roles and responsibilities in promoting good sector governance.
- Establish value adding relationships with civil society organizations, relevant Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies as well as regional and international agencies working on WASH issues.
- Maintain a clear understanding of national, regional and international WASH initiatives and ensure effective participation of the Network when necessary.
- Coordinate planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Network’s activities in collaboration with key partners to ensure learning, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure sustainability of the Network through the development and implementation of fundraising plans and activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- First degree and/or Masters in field of development studies, law, public administration, sociology, communications, gender or other relevant fields.
- At least FIVE years experience working in the national/international development sector with CSOs preferably in the areas of water, sanitation and hygiene, fundraising, monitoring and evaluation. Past experience in managing national networks will be an added advantage.
- Strong networking, communications and policy advocacy skills
- Experience in coordinating and managing projects supported by multiple independent partners from different countries.
- Demonstrated achievements in desk and field research, combined with credible reporting and documentation capability.
- Computer skills, including internet use, power point presentations and excel
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, current remuneration and contacts of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 9th August 2013 at 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KEWASNET is an equal opportunity employer and any canvassing is strictly prohibited and will lead to automatic disqualification.