The Loan Doc & Proc Analyst 2 is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team.
- Relevant experience, or equivalent industry experience: 0-2 years relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Ability to perform well in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Can work well under pressure and multi-task
- Education: Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- This role will manage preparing and reviewing loan documentation while providing support to a variety of tasks related to the loan process. Activities will include independently processing and closing loans within a complex loans operation environment
- Involves in providing day-to-day loan transactional processing which may include booking cash transactions and making payments, performing loan reconciliations, inputting general ledger entries and (complex) calculations. In addition, there will be possible interaction with other counterparties around positions and outstanding balances/claims.
- Supports an expansive and/or diverse array of products (risk and control) /services.
- Follows established procedures to identify and resolve problems related to loan documentation/processing activities that require investigation or research.
- Makes recommendations to management to support process improvement.
- Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents.
- Designs and analyzes moderately complex loan documentation reports to satisfy management requirements, support/control activities, and the launch of products/services.
- Makes evaluative judgments based on the analysis of factual information, and provides assistance in the implementation of loan documentation process improvements.
- Minimizes risk to the bank through increased knowledge of procedural requirements – understands and monitors errors to suggest solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies
- Timely management and escalation of all inquiries and issues related to loan processing
- Has direct interaction with external customers to disseminate or explain information
- Demonstrates an intermediate level of understanding of products and processes, and of how duties relate/integrate with others in the team and closely related teams
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of Bank related systems.
- Utilizes communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills to interact with colleagues and stakeholders, and to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information, while being sensitive to audience diversity
- Individuals at this level exhibit executional capabilities
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Method of Application