Position: Area Sales Representative – Mombasa Region
Purpose of the Position: This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Sales function in an efficient and effective manner, servicing a defined customer list within a geographic sales territory.
The Area Sales Representative will manage the profitability of the customers, and the products that are distributed within the territory
- Meet and exceed gross margin and volume targets as assigned. Be accountable for developing and actualizing the customer budget.
- Develop and grow the Business through new business acquisition.
- Prepare and present regular business reviews to both customers and internal stakeholders.
- Communicate internally among Sales Staff, Finance, Operations and Distribution departments to maximize opportunities with customers.
- Maintain current knowledge of the local market/community.
- Initiate and evaluate opportunities for “continuous improvement’ throughout the geographical market area.
- Maintain a high level of competitor knowledge in terms of products, pricing, discounts, promotions and sales levels.
- Develop and implement a schedule for customer contact and capitalize on opportunities.
- Develop plans and reports to measure gain/loss in accounts, new business with “initiatives’ in acquiring new or incremental business.
- Actively manage the profitability and gross margin of sales territory and develop the necessary plans and corrective action to meet the target profitability of territory and customer base.
- Holder of a Diploma or Certificate in Sales and Marketing
- Have 1-4 years’ experience in Sales in FMCG.
- Proven experience in Customer relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and competencies we are looking for, please forward a copy of your updated resume to email@example.com before close of business 10th March 2015 clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line and your current salary and expected salary.