Jobs vacancies in North Kinangop, Kenya July – St. Luke’s School of Community Health Nursing 2013
Deputy Principal Tutor
Duties shall include Management and Administration
- Assist the Principal in oversight of all the support staff within the institution.
- Assist the Principal in oversight of all property including buildings and equipment within the institution
- Shall assist the principal in ensuring that all financial transactions are carried out procedurally, with transparency and accountability and also for ensuring that fees are collected in a timely fashion.
- Shall assist the principal in overall training of nurses in the school in accordance with the syllabus of the Nursing Council and approved policies.
- The short-listing of applicants for training before the final interview and acceptance by a combined panel from St Luke’s & the KEC- Health Commission
- Assessment of the progress of the students during their training, in consultation with the tutors and ward sisters.
- Ensuring a close collaboration with the Matron especially in designing and implementing learning experiences and student appraisal in the clinical area.
- Ensuring (together with the Tutors) that discipline is upheld among the Students but in the case of referral or discontinuation of a student, the Principal is responsible. If the indiscipline is in the clinical area, include the Nurse in charge of the Hospital. The KEC- Health Commission and the Board of Governors should be informed of all discontinuations and should be consulted before dismissal of student with over two years of training.
- Prepare for the Principal, for presentation to the Board at every meeting, a report on the academic performance, disciplinary issues and general welfare of the students and staff.
- The coordination of the students’ activities, internal experience, and external experiences.
- Ensuring that students get enough experience and exposure in all areas of their training.
- Ensuring (together with the welfare committee) the welfare of the students in the widest sense of the word: food, boarding, spiritual, recreation, and general welfare.
- Ensuring the Continuing Education and that of the Tutors under.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing / Higher diploma in Nursing/ Higher Diploma in Medical Education
- A Masters degree would be a great advantage
- Must be registered with Nursing Council of Kenya July
- At least 3 years teaching experience
- At least 2 years management work experience
- Experience in developing a teaching curriculum an added advantage
- A disciplinarian, highly motivated and able to lead a team
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Above 35 years
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Extent of carrying out duties and responsibility above.
- Is a committed Catholic, with good recommendation from own Parish Priest
- Is a person of attested integrity, with high degree of stewardship of resources
- Is innovative and assertive
- Is able to work under little supervision
Kenya Episcopal Conference-Catholic Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800