Account Manager, Social Research for TNS Social and Political Research Division
Are you a strong quantitative or qualitative researcher?
Position Scope: Based in Nairobi and reporting to Account Director of research and insight in the social research division, the position holder will manage a range of project and develop client relationships.
Depending on your technical area of strength whether it be qualitative or quantitative, you will be involved in a variety of project activities and provided with the necessary supports from other members of the team to enable you to deliver on a wide range of projects including allowing you to engage and learn about areas you may not be so familiar with.
The key goal of our division is to help our clients make better decision to achieve their social development objectives and create impact on communities.
- All responsibilities relate to managing of qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods primary research projects, namely
- Planning and execution – study design, tool development, preparatory for fieldwork, fieldwork monitoring, analysis and report writing
- Managing and developing client relationships by providing the highest level of client service
- Monitoring project costs and implementing cost effective solutions
- Creation of proposals to meet client needs
- Participating in costing processes, preparing draft costs & checking quotations
- Coaching/ on the job training for junior members and in some instances managing juniors
- Delegation of tasks to juniors in consultation with a director
- Promoting team spirit and encouraging team cohesion
- Fostering a learning environment through sharing ideas, information, and so
- Working hours are flexible depending on what you agree with your director
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for researching and understanding people
- Commitment to deliver on time
- Intrinsic desire to learn
- Multi-tasker – running two to six projects at different stages of execution
- Initiative and flexibility
- Willing to work as part of the team to bring solutions to issues
- At least 4 years of experience in primary research and in particular social research, ideally in a commercially oriented research agency or organization
- Or at least 4 years consulting experience
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject such as sociology, social anthropology, statistics or similar in addition to the following skills:
- Excellent project management – able to manage the details of research projects in multi-country environments ensuring perfect timing and great quality.
- Good sales/negotiation/persuasion skills
- Strong research knowledge and enthusiasm to keep up-to-date with the latest in methodologies.
- Self-driven and hard-working to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Demonstrated excellent client relationships development skills
- Team player and organized team leader
If you believe you fit this profile send your application by email including a short summary of why your experience meets the above, would be the ideal candidate to reach not later than 16th January 2015.
If you would like more information about the position, please contact us to arrange a chat.
Richard.Harrison@tnsglobal.com AND Annerose.email@example.com