Job Title: Senior Manager Internal Audit
Background / IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
Job Overview / Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director Internal Audit, the Senior Manager Internal Audit will lead the internal audit team located in Nairobi, Kenya in conducting audits of IRC locations and functions.
The Senior Manager Internal Audit will not only strive to provide the highest level of professional service but also maintain the highest ethical standards and due professional care in their work.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that the most important risks are being addressed and that expectations are being met or exceeded.
- Manage the internal audit team located in Nairobi, Kenya by providing guidance and supervision to the Nairobi staff; setting appropriate job expectations through agreed upon objectives; and providing timely feedback regarding performance.
- Plan and conduct Country Office and functional audits, special reviews and investigations with sufficient work paper documentation to support findings and conclusions.
- Draft audit reports that include conclusions and recommendations to correct identified deficiencies and review with appropriate location/function management.
- Monitor progress of the corrective actions by management to correct identified deficiencies.
- Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in developing annual audit plans that addresses significant risks of the organization.
- Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in continuously improving the audit process through new tools and techniques.
Position Reports to: Senior Director Internal Audit
- Internal: All levels of the IRC’s regional and country organizations and headquarters’ departments
- External: Limited contact with external auditors, 3rd party contractors and donors
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
Certificates or Licenses: CPA/CA or CIA
- 5 to 7 years of external or internal auditing experience
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Experience working in the Not-for-Profit or NGO sectors or grant supported organizations
- Excellent knowledge of auditing and risk management principles and theory
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present and explain complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and achieve consensus of recommendations to reduce risk or improve operations
- Proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO
- Position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with a standard office work environment
- Travel up to 50% including travel to developing countries
IRC leading the way from harm to home
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer