Overall Job Function: The Senior Program Officer is a member of the Senior Management team and oversees field programmatic activities and site support for efficient delivery of quality services both in the ICAP supported and the KRCS/Global Fund supported projects.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
- To oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at OGRA Foundation-supported facilities
- To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of TB/HIV activities at OGRA Foundation- supported facilities
- To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of provider-initiated counseling and testing activities at OGRA Foundation-supported facilities
- To provide on-going supervision of OGRA Foundation-supported HIV related programs
- To participate in training and mentorship of site facility staff
- To participate in designing programs to assist in monitoring and evaluation and ensuring quality assurance of HIV care and treatment as well as community programs
- To liaise with Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in coordinating implementation of the program
- To prepare and/or review budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers related to the project
- To offer additional leadership and technical support to the OGRA Foundation program team as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or related degree
- Master of Public Health (MPH), MBA, Masters in Project Planning and Management or an equivalent advanced relevant degree
- 5 years of experience managing donor-funded health and/or HIV programs in the public sector
- Understanding and knowledge of working with relevant Government Ministries and departments.
- Computer literate
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to community health and development
- Be a good team player with leadership skills
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 3050-40100
Kisumu (clearly marking the application with position applied for.)
Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject line by Tuesday 10th February 2015 latest 12 noon.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
OGRA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.