Kenya Ports Authority was established by an Act of Parliament on 20th January, 1978 with the mandate to maintain, improve and regulate all scheduled sea ports along Kenya’s Coast.
In this regard, the Authority manages the port of Mombasa which is strategically placed to serve the commercial, agricultural and industrial hinder land of Kenya and the surrounding landlocked countries.
The key focus areas of KPA include capacity expansion, productivity improvement, growth in market share as well as safety and security.
Due to the tremendous growth of its business, the Authority is seeking to recruit high caliber professionals to support and strengthen its workforce.
The successful candidates will fill the following positions:
Medical Services Department
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the job holder will be responsible for providing comprehensive quality nursing care to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing nursing care to patients and Maternal Child Health and Family Planning (MCH/FP) services.
- Offering broad counseling services to both employees and their families.
- Maintaining accurate records of drugs and medical supplies placed under his/her custody and keeping nursing supplies inventory.
- Preparing relevant reports as required and within the set deadlines.
- Participating in home based care and palliative care to improve quality of life of convalescents and terminally ill patients respectively.
- Giving nutritional and other forms of health education to patients/Clients.
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing from the Kenya Medical Training College or a recognized Medical Training Institution.
- Registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya with valid current practising license.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in a busy Health Institution/ Hospital.
- Good ICT skills.
Those with the following Qualifications will have an added advantage:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from a recognized University.
- Post basic Diploma qualification from any of the nursing field e.g Theatre, ICU, Trauma, Neonatal, Renal, Psychiatry or Pediatric Nursing.
- Certificate in Maternal Child Health and Family Planning (MCH/FP) or Certificate in Reproductive Health.
- Certificate in HIV Counseling and Testing e.g Prevention of Mother To Child Transmission(PMTCT) or Diagnostic Testing and Counseling (DTC) or Provider Initiated Testing and Counseling (PITC) or Voluntary Counseling and Testing.
Grade HM 4
Reporting to the Chief Clinical Officer, the job holder will be responsible for providing clinical care and services in the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of quality Clinical services at the Authority’s health facilities.
- Identifying and referring patients with complicated illnesses to the Head of Medical Services for further management.
- Participating in comprehensive HIV/AIDS program for the employees and their dependents.
- Conducting counseling sessions to the employees and their dependents.
- Conducting health education at the Authority’s health facilities.
- Conducting Special Clinics such as diabetic, hypertension, E.N.T., ophthalmology, pediatrics, tuberculosis (TB) clinics, etc.
Requirements for the Post
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Clinical Officers Council and with a current license.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience at similar role in a reputable organization.
- Good ICT Skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for the above positions should have excellent ICT and communication skills with the ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and female candidates and People Living with Disabilities (PLWD) are encouraged to apply.
If your qualifications and career objectives match the requirements of any of the above positions, please submit your application with detailed Curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, experience, present position, e-mail address and mobile telephone number with copies of your certificates and testimonials on or before 3Pt October, 2014 addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ports Authority,
P.O. Box 95009,