A leading hotel in Machakos is seeking to recruit a competent, committed and self motivated candidate for the position of General Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the GM shall be required to undertake the following duties:
1. To organize and coordinate hotel operations and procedures in order to ensure that the hotel runs efficiently, effectively and profitably.
2. To ensure seamless human resource deployment to all areas of the hotel without interruptions on the hotel guests
3. Ensure client satisfaction & that feedback mechanisms are working effectively
5. Manage all departmental heads of the hotel by ensuring that each HOD has a clear job description and SMART goals
6. Manage staff recruitment and training
7. Manage the hotel accountant to ensure accurate & efficient dispatch of accounting reports and reconciliations
8. Ensure quality control in the procurement system
9. Co-ordinate marketing activities by self or through appointed staff members to ensure that awareness of the hotel is created throughout the country
10. Provide advice to the Board of Directors on realistic growth strategies that will assist the hotel grow astronomically and have a competitive edge
11. Ensure at all times that cost management programs are in place & working for the benefit of the hotel & translating to improved profitability
The candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or its equivalent and must have at least 5 years working experience in a busy hotel environment at senior management level.
Interested candidates must send their current CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 9th February 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.