Job Title: Project Manager – CORE Polio Eradication Project (Lodwar)
Technical Coordination and Support:
- Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of routine immunization and supplemental immunization activities at the county level and provide support as guided by the project deliverables.
- Participate and provide support as guided by the CORE polio project priorities in AFP surveillance, polio outbreak investigation, case and contact tracing.
- Work closely with the county disease surveillance coordinator in planning and training health facility staff at the county level on polio and immunization.
- Participate in Cross border meetings and implementation of cross border polio eradication activities.
- Manage the CORE polio project budget ensuring spending is maintained within appropriate margins.
- Identify and respond to project needs, implement activities, and conduct follow-up to ensure project success.
- Monitor timeliness, quality and progress of project deliverables as per the work plans and implementation plans in place.
- Ensure timely documentation and use of information to continuously improve the quality and performance of the project.
- Develop and maintain project related record-keeping system and provide accurate documentation of all reporting forms.
- Provide material related to project progress and updates both internal and external use.
- Assist in the development of publications and communication materials wherever possible.
- Implement effective communication strategies to maintain strong correspondence among stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key project counterparts and stakeholder
- Diploma or degree certificate in nursing, clinical medicine or medicine.
- Advanced degree in Public health is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in immunization and community health programs with at least 2 years experience at project management level.
- Experience working closely with Ministry of Health on disease surveillance and immunization programs/activities at county or national level.
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, email and database (HMIS, PEPFAR database, EPI-Info) experience.
- Strong assessment, project planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (Written and Spoken).
- Ability to multitask, manage pressure and flexibility.
IRC leading the way from harm to home
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer