Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Officer
Background: Africa Mental Health Foundation (AMHF) is a non-governmental organization whose main mandate is to conduct mental health and substance use research to inform policy, practice, and the provision of innovative, appropriate, affordable, available and accessible mental health and substance use services to all.
Position Summary: Africa Mental Health Foundation is looking for a Human Resource and Administration Officer to be engaged FULL-TIME for a period of one year contract with the possibility of renewal depending on performance.
Number of Posts: 1
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Implementing the Foundation’s human resource policy as well as other policies related to the AMHF Strategic Plan and finalizing the ISO 9001:2008 compliance and eventual certification.
- Recruiting and maintaining the Foundation’s staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; participating in candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Maintaining the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions within the Foundation.
- Establishing and conducting an orientation and induction program for new staff and ensuring integration with the existing staff.
- Capacity building for the Foundation’s staff through development of training programs.
- Developing and implementing a job evaluation and employee appraisal system.
- Hearing and resolving employee grievances.
- Developing and maintaining an employee database and personnel records.
- Administration of staff employment agreements and contracts.
- Supervising and coordinating staff activities.
- Maintaining the staff leave management system.
- Providing administrative support to the Directors and the Finance Department.
- Office management.
- Procurement of office supplies and maintaining an inventory.
- Care and maintenance of the Foundation’s premises, facilities and all office equipment and property.
- Maintaining management information systems, both manual and computerized.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A Masters Degree in Human Resource Management and administration or its equivalent;
- At least five years of experience in Human Resource Management in a private or non-profit making organization;
- Any additional training related to HR would be an added advantage
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to adhere to strict timelines;
- Ability to multitask;
- A keen eye for detail.
Additional Instructions: We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send applications including a detailed CV as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received by 30th January, 2015.
Kindly do not attach your testimonials/certificates.
For any additional clarification before the deadline, call: +254750775142.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification