Jan 2017 Job Vacancy Health Systems Strengthening Advisor In Kenya
Job Career: Health Systems Strengthening Advisor In Kenya
Career Vacancy: Health Systems Strengthening Advisor In Kenya
Organization: Initiatives Inc.
Closing date: 13 Jan 2017
Initiatives Inc. seeks a Health Systems Strengthening Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded health project. This five-year project aims at strengthening services and systems for HIV and AIDS with a focus on strengthening county, facility and community capacity to effectively manage HIV/AIDS service delivery. Location: Western Province Kenya.
- Develop and manage the project’s technical interventions to strengthen country planning and budgeting, human resources management and data management use and analysis for HIV/AIDs service delivery.
- Manage and supervise the project capacity building team.
- Lead interventions to transfer skills through training, mentorship, coaching, team-based learning and other capacity building support.
- Work with the project Technical Director and M and E Specialist to ensure interventions are clearly defined and are carried out in line with the project workplan.
- Contribute to project planning, monitoring of systems strengthening progress and reporting.
- Develop publishable case studies describing system strengthening achievements.
- Master degree or higher in public health, business administration, human resources, health services administration or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience supporting government and civil society institutions to strengthen management and accountability.
- Demonstrated experience developing and using organizational capacity assessment tools to assess and monitor capacity development.
- Extensive experience in capacity development including training, mentorship, coaching, on-the-job learning, adult learning and team-based learning approaches, among others.
- Experience in personnel management.
- Professional-level English written and verbal communication.
- Previous experience in USAID- and/or PEPFAR-funded projects.
How to apply:
All applicants should email a CV, cover letter, and contacts for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Health Systems Strengthening Advisor” as the subject line.