Aug 2017 Job Vacancy Head of Customer Engagement & Admin in Nairobi
Job Career: Head of Customer Engagement & Admin in Nairobi
Career Vacancy: Head of Customer Engagement & Admin in Nairobi
The Head of Customer Engagement and Admin will report to the Director and directly and indirectly lead a team of 8 people, including others with management responsibilities.
- Invest in coaching and development of your team, taking advantage of opportunities to grow team members’ responsibilities
- Maintain a high-performance culture, designing a motivating compensation policy and rewarding outstanding accomplishment
- Hire and coach new talents into the customer engagement team as required by the expansion strategy
- Oversee and coordinate all the prospecting and customer management functions ensuring that they are performed with the highest efficiency
- Coordinate activities with the operation and production teams ensuring smooth collaboration with the customer engagement team and improve processes based on customers’ feedback
- Work with management to design and implement ideas and strategies to introduce new product lines, acquire new customers and break into new markets
- Directly manage the relationship with key accounts in the portfolio guaranteeing a high level of customer satisfaction
- Find opportunities to develop and improve systems, delegate responsibilities to enable the team to handle more work with increasing complexity
- Effectively utilize customer relationship management (CRM) and sales tracking platforms to ensure that the customer engagement team operates efficiently and revenue targets are met
- Introduce key control points, allowing you to maintain quality and accuracy of the growing activities within your area of responsibility
- Build upon existing systems, processes and policies to ensure key administrative functions run smoothly and on a strong foundation
- Ensure adequate controls are in place with regard to the management of cash, stock and raw materials
- Continually build human capacity of administrative team to keep it at pace with company growth
- Manage short-term cash flows, ensuring timely payments to suppliers and receipts from customers and balancing inflows and outflows
- Coordinate documentation and outsourced logistics for all imported goods
- Coordinate procurement of regular imports and local purchases of raw materials and routine supplies
- Manage relationship with the company’s external accountant and auditor
- You are a strong leader, and you have at least 3 years’ experience managing individuals across different functional areas. You have a proven track record of motivating and developing your direct reports.
- You preferably have at least 2 years’ experience in leading a company’s business development strategy and a track record of achievement in growing a company’s portfolio
- You have the ability to manage key customers’ relationships in another organization and are effective at building,maintaining and growing such relationships independently.
- You have an entrepreneurial streak and have drawn energy from working in a young company, start-up environment or other environment of rapid growth and change.You enjoy working on multiple diverse projects and tasks simultaneously.
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you are considered very self-managing and do best in an environment where you are given high-level goals and take initiative to achieve them.
- You are confident in your own ability to perform and inspire others to perform, and you are eager to take on responsibility for a key team within our company. You find the prospect of being rewarded according to your ability to grow a team extremely motivating.
- You have experience developing and implementing management systems within an organization, and value the structure and predictability they bring.
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit, and you frequently apply quantitative analysis to decision-making
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2893”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2893 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30 August 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.