Career Vacancy: Nyeri County for Risk & Compliance Officer I in Kenya
Risk & Compliance Officer Job at County Government of Nyeri
The County Government of Nyeri wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the above position.
Risk and Compliance Officer I, Job Group ‘K’-One (1) Post
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Co-operative Development, the Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and monitor risk registers for all co-operatives and also performs risk assessments.
- Prepare risk register reports and analysis for review by the Director, Co-operative Development iii. Monitor and coordinate risk and compliance activities to ensure the Department remains abreast of the status of all Co-operative compliance activities.
- Follow up of any identified risks within Co-operative and makes recommendations for action.
- Implement the risk and compliance policies and procedures in place.
- Provide reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, or as directed/requested.
- Provide relevant information required by external bodies and regulators on compliance matters.
- Monitor the performance of the compliance program for co-operative and related activities on a continuous basis and taking appropriate steps to improve effectiveness.
- Implementing an effective risk training program for Co-operative Society.
- Keeping abreast with the applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards in the risk & compliance fraternity and advice on the emerging developments of the same.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Director Cooperative Development.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines;- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Business Administration from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Certified Public Secretaries (CPS) Kenya Part II or Certified Public Accountants(CPA) Kenya Part II or Certified Internal Auditors (CIA) Part III from a recognized Institution; and
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in Risk and Compliance.
Remuneration and benefits
- Salary – As per Salaries and Remuneration (SRC)
- Terms of service – Three (3) years renewable contract.
- Service Gratuity – 31% of basic salary on completion of the contract
- Medical Cover – Provided for self, spouse and dependent children upto 2 years of age.
- Leave – 30 days annual leave with leave allowance
All Applicants MUST attach their CVs together with certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic and professional certificates and other testimonials
- National Identity Card
Applicants for the position of Director will be required to further avail certified copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Clearance from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance certificates from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
Officers working in the National Government, County Government(s) and other Government Bodies in similar or related positions are encouraged to apply.
Women and Person Living with Disabilities (PLWD) and meeting the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Written applications, together with the required documents should be sent to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET
P.O BOX 90-10100, NYERI
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 14th April 2018.