Mar 2018 Job Vacancy Save the Children For Regional Operations Manager in Kenya
Career Vacancy: Save the Children For Regional Operations Manager in Kenya
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
Save the Children works in 12 countries in East and Southern Africa (Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi) with a current staff complement of approximately 3500 staff
The Operations Manager will support CO operations staff in managing development & humanitarian efforts and will provide directional advice to the country programme in concurrence with the Country Director and ESARO team.
S/he will take leadership on aspects related to staffing structure and management, awards, security and logistics systems and will play a strategic role in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children development & humanitarian programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children in the East Africa region.
Contract Duration: 2 years
Location: East and Southern Africa
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive program and operations management experience in international development and humanitarian programs, including
- Demonstrated ability to set up operational management systems in a large complex programme
- Direct experience of delivery of humanitarian programs, in a technical or operational role, in at least 3 different contexts
- Senior management role within a complex country programme and/or in a large scale emergency response
- Previous experience of managing technical/programme/operations/support teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential
- Knowledge of international humanitarian and development systems, institutions and donors (programmes (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA), and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a complex, matrix management environment. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- In depth knowledge and experience of logistics systems and requirements in a multi field office, multi programme setting
- Security management experience across a large programme
- Substantial training and capacity building experience
- Cultural sensitive, with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of supporting and developing programmatic staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies.
- Willingness to travel in developing countries (varying, but expected to be at least 40% of time).
- A degree in a relevant field either in relation to development, disaster management, management
Advert closes on 5th January 2018.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents