Jan 2017 Job Vacancy at iProcure Ltd For Logistics and Inventory Manager in Kenya
Job Career: iProcure Ltd For Logistics and Inventory Manager in Kenya
Career Vacancy:iProcure Ltd For Logistics and Inventory Manager in Kenya
Are you passionate about serving the rural communities using your Logistics expertise? Do you thrive on using data to inform your decisions? Are you interested in working in a fast growing and fast paced environment? Search no more because iProcure is looking for you!
iProcure is looking for an experienced Logistics and Inventory Manager to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of products. This role involves analyzing inventory and logistics data to develop the most efficient strategy. The successful candidate will be in charge of enforcing order turnaround time, maintaining optimal stock levels and improving system efficiencies.
iProcure is the largest agricultural supply chain platform in rural Africa. Founded in 2013, it leverages an agricultural inputs platform that improves supply chains, costs and market analytic to fuel the economic potential of rural African communities. From data-driven distribution to the last mile delivery, iProcure provides complete procurement and distribution solution for farm supply to partners that want to streamline their distribution and improve efficiency and customer service.
This role will be critical in ensuring that as iProcure grows, the logistics structure remains sufficient to meet the additional needs.
- Manage timely delivery of products to multiple locations at the least possible cost.
- Ensure regulations for transport and storage for goods are kept.
- Identify, negotiate and manage relationships with external transporters.
- Manage crisis in cases of truck breakdowns.
- Analyse lead times and ensure optimal stock quantities are maintained.
- Develop and enforce shrinkage mitigation systems.
- Ensure all products are tracked (e.g. Batching and bar-coding.)
- Use past data to forecast on demand.
- Keep finance and procurement team updated on inventory requirements.
- Train warehouse teams on how to use the Inventory management database.
- Ensure that all warehouse managers are performing within the set KPIs.
- Ensure company standards are maintained in all warehouses.
Does this sound like you?
- 5-10 years’ experience in logistics and inventory management working with diverse products.
- You have experience utilizing data in forecasting, inventory and replenishment optimization, scheduling and load building, etc.
- You have hands-on experience in at least one ERP system (e.g. SAP, InFlow, Excel) and ability to train warehouse teams on how to read the data.
- Prior experience in team management and demonstrated skills in coaching.
- The thought of travelling 30% of the time within Kenya to meet with your team and clients excites you.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and make things happen. You are resourceful and readily embrace challenges.
- You foresee the possible logistics challenges and plan for them.
Apply here: https://goo.gl/POESlj