Mar 2018 Job Vacancy Institute of Management for Internal Audit Assistant in kenya
Application: Institute of Management for Internal Audit Assistant in kenya
Career Vacancy: Institute of Management for Internal Audit Assistant in kenya
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities. Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond. We achieve this through our service/product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services , Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI/COYA/SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
The position is responsible for the planning and execution and of audit the institution’s programs as per the set guidelines.
- Prepare and execute audit programs to conduct operational and financial audit.
- Assess risk, evaluate internal controls, review financial and operational systems and appraise standards of business conducts while ensuring compliance with applicable laws,policies and procedures.
- Examine and analyse all accounting records, documents and systems of the institute to ensure financial recording, accuracy and compliance with established international standards, statutory requirements, procedure and internal controls.
- Prepare detailed report on audit findings and make recommendations to improve the institute’s accounting and management practices.
- Perform risk assessment and analysis of the institute information systems and recommend measure to mitigate against them.
- Carry out regular business continuity and disaster recovery assurance audits.
- Follow up to ensure approved recommendations are implemented.
- Conduct investigation and special projects where applicable.
- Diploma in business management from a recognised institution
- Certified Public Accountant Part one (CPA I)
- Two(2) years’ of relevant experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Implementation of Internal Audit plan year 2017 (Complete 12 report and 3 for MUA)
- Assurance on lecture claim (Quarterly report)
- Increase resource optimisation
- Enhance KIM membership growth (3 members)
- Enhance risk management environment and governance audit
- Provide assurance on staff commission claims, consultancy and training payments
- Computer literacy,
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Knowledge of professional standards
How to Apply
Interested candidates are advised to visit and apply at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your application to reach us by 28th March, 2018.
In addition please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.