Dec 2017 Job Vacancy Heifer International NGO for 2 Livestock Production Officers
Job Career: Heifer International NGO for 2 Livestock Production Officers
Career Vacancy: Heifer International NGO for 2 Livestock Production Officers
Based in Heifer International’s Rift valley and Upper Eastern Regional Offices under the leadership of Project Manager, Kenya Market Led Dairy Supply Chain (KEMDAP) Project.
- Mobilize and strengthen Dairy Interest Groups to become effective participants in the dairy production improvement activities
- Coordinate the delivery of Grassroot Trainings to improve Dairy Productivity
- Develop and implement robust production monitoring indicators including a database for all production and productivity parameters
- Provide technical support to Producer organizations to set up effective extension coordination and management structures at the grassroots
- Prepare monthly, quarterly workplans and reports and submit to the project manager within the expected timelines
- Participate in compiling of donor reports as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the fields of veterinary medicine, animal science or other related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a mix of dairy production, value chain competitiveness, or agriculture development.
- Demonstrated experience in setting robust and sustainable extension systems for producer organizations.
- Significant experience in supporting producer organization to increase dairy production and productivity
Your Specific responsibilities will to:
- Design and execute Capacity Building programs for FOABs
- Develop strategies, business plans, innovations and solutions for business problems
- Develop and execute Business mentorship programs for FOABs in key management and business development components
- Facilitate Value chain linkages, strategic alliances and partnerships (public and private) for essential business services and inputs
- Generate periodic reports on business activity in the KEMDAP Project
- Degree in Agricultural Economics, Enterprise Development, Agricultural Business management, Rural Development, Animal production with post graduate diploma or experience in Business management or a related field is required
- Experience implementing activities in large, complex projects in challenging environments.
- Minimum 4 years field and technical experience working on agribusiness development projects.
- Significant experience in building public/private partnerships, preferably in the dairy sector.
- Knowledge and experience in technology based applications in dairy value chain will be an added advantage
How to Apply