Feb 2017 Job Vacancies IEBC for Elections Coordinator in kenya
Career Vacancies: IEBC for Elections Coordinator in kenya
Location: Tigania East, Kilifi South, Teso South, Msabweni, Lamu East & Marakwet East Constituencies
Elections Coordinator Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management support, develop and oversee the implementation of strategies, policies, plans and budgets at the constituency level while ensuring the alignment of these to the regional and overall Commission strategies;
- Ensure that election operation activities at the constituency level comply with internal controls and budget restrictions;
- Ensure provision of administrative support services at the constituency level including distribution of election materials, transport management, implementation of security policies and protocols and ensuring the safe custody of the Commission’s assets;
- Responsible for sound financial management and prudent use of all Commission funds at constituency level in line with commission’s financial policies;
- Liaise with the Regional Election Coordinator to implement training programmes for registration and election officials at the constituency level;
- Identify, inspect suitable polling, nominations and tallying centers;
- Liaise with regional administrative and security officials at the constituency level;
- Compile and certify the voters register for the constituency;
- Undertake the verification and revision of voter’s register as required by law from time to time;
- To liaise with political parties with respect to elections and related activities;
- Develop accountability measures, monitor the performance indicators at the constituency levels and ensure the timely preparation of periodic reports; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Commission.
Requirements for the Elections Coordinator Job
- Minimum undergraduate degree from a recognized University;
- A minimum of six (6) years working experience in management of public affairs;
- Proven experience in results-based management, monitoring and evaluation or managing election process is an added advantage;
- Must be computer literate. Good negotiation, planning and coordination skills;
- Additional training, professional qualification and experience of fieldwork will be an advantage; and
- Must hail from the constituency he/she is applying for and must attached a copy of National Identity Card.
In addition to the qualifications set above, the applicants must further meet and get the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board.
- Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs eg LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc.
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau.
All shortlisted applicants may be subjected by the Commission to a security clearance by National Intelligence Service (NIS).
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their duly completed application together with up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience. Applicants must indicate the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope.
Those applying for constituency or Regional positions must also indicate the Region or Constituency on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications and supporting documents shall be:
Hand delivered to the IEBC CEO/CS, 6th Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi: and/or
Send via Post Office to
Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC),
P O Box 45371-00100,
Nairobi, Kenya by 17th February, 2017