Jan 2018 Job Opportunity ACF International for Logistics Officer NGO in Kenya
Job Vacancy: ACF International for Logistics Officer NGO in Kenya
Career Opportunity: ACF International for Logistics Officer NGO in Kenya
Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts.
From crisis to sustainability, Action Against Hunger tackles the underlying causes of malnutrition and its effects. By integrating our programs with local and national systems, we further ensure that short-term interventions become long-term solutions.
With Head Offices in France, the United Kingdom, Spain, the United States and Canada, our international network shares its combined resources, breadth of experience and technical expertise in pursuit of a world without hunger.
Action Against Hunger has been present in Kenya since 2001. Currently the organization is implementing program activities in West Pokot, Isiolo, Bungoma, Busia, Trans Nzoia, Kakamega and Samburu.
Logistics Officer NGO Job Responsibilities
Management of the Base Logistics
- In accordance with the Logistics procedures and guidelines defined in the Kitlog V3:6
- Management of Logistics HR
- To line manage the logistics staff.
- Staff organization, and review of logistics staff job descriptions,
- Manage all Logistics recruitments at Base in collaboration with the Head of Region, Logistics Manager
- Conduct Logistics staff performance evaluations for logistics staff.
- Leave planning and approvals for logistics staff
Supply chain management
- To validate purchase orders and external order forms,
- To supervise that the order follow-up is filled and dispatched to the different departments,
- To consolidate the monthly base orders and submit to Nairobi by 2nd of the following month,
- To supervise procurements (quality/price/procedures) for the Base,
- To supervise the stock management (storage conditions, stock reports, expiry dates…)
- To monitor the deliveries to the departments/bases/programmes
Equipment, Inventory and fleet management
- To supervise the allocation and the use of the equipment’s,
- To supervise the installation, maintenance and repairing of the equipment
- To supervise that the base equipment list is filled and up to date.
- Assets Management
- Stock Management.
- To supervise that the base Inventory list is filled and up to date.
- To supervise the use and the maintenance of the base generator including fuel consumption, regular service and reporting,
Qualifications for the Logistics Officer NGO Job
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in procurement / Supply chain / Logistics from recognized reputable University
Graduate Diploma(Membership ) from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies management –KISM
- At least 5 years’ experience in Logistics ,Procurement , and supply chain preferably in reputable INGO’s
Remote management of teams.
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge on software Good communication, teamwork, , knowledge of warehousing, stock management and control.
- Ability to effectively analyze different situations and make critical decisions based on analysis
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral as well as presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills; able to interact with different personalities and individuals while upholding and practicing Action Against Hunger’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Empowerment, Creativity and Excellence
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proven Leadership skills
- Good stress management skills- Ability to work in a high pressured environment with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with donors and donor rules and regulations is a must
How to Apply